Why Are French Tax Shelter Yachts The Best Deals Out There?

Some of the best deals are yachts that were in the French tax-shelter program. Here is a description I gave to a client of mine:
The French government developed the "Loi Pons" tax shelter program to help stimulate the tourist economies of the French Overseas Territories such as St Martin, Martinique, Guadeloupe and Tahiti. So, the Certified Accountants in France will sell shares in yachts to their clients who need tax deductions. In some cases if they invest 50,000 Euros for a share in a yacht they will get a tax credit of 50,000 PLUS they get some depreciation allowances...so many French taxpayers like to do these. That is one reason why the French build more yachts than any other country. To qualify for the deductions the yacht must stay in charter service for 60 months ... that is why this particular boat we are talking about must stay in charter until March 2015 which is 5 months away. These investors almost never use the boat or even see it. 
The charter companies like to "pre-sell" them in advance so they can then plan to order another boat to replace the boat that is "phasing out". So they will discount the boat if you will make a deal in advance. I have done hundreds of these deals and I feel they are some of the best "deals" out there.
Here is how the deal works;
- once you find the boat you want we make a written offer with a 10% deposit, get the offer accepted and do a survey and sea trial. If we find any problems at survey you can cancel the deal for just about any reason. After survey you usually have a week to "accept" or "reject" the boat. Sometimes after survey we give a "Conditional Acceptance" which means you will take the boat IF they do certain things like replace the sails, fix an unforeseen problem, or whatever. Sometimes the charter company demands more deposit down (like 30% total) once you "accept" the vessel.
- then, let's say the phase-out date is March 31, 2015 which is 5 months away. We schedule the surveyor to go back and re-inspect the boat upon phase-out to make sure there is no new damage. If new damage is found that costs less than 5% of the value of the boat to fix then the charter company must fix it and the Buyer must proceed with closing. If the damage is over 5% of the value of the sales deal then the Buyer has the option to cancel the sale and get a refund of deposit OR we negotiate with the Seller to repair it. 
- then when the boat passes the "second survey" the final amount is due and the charter company proceeds to deflag the vessel and transfer title. The French government then issues a deflag certificate which guarantees a clean title. It is the best title in the world because of this solid guarantee. This can take 3-6 weeks to get. 

4 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We Offer Loan At A Very Low Rate Of 3%. If Interested, Kindly Contact Us Now.email us now reply to email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:{PurvaPius22@gmail.com} Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail {PurvaPius22@gmail.com} Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS

    ReplyDelete